I was planning for this blog entry for really a long time. Thanks to Tony, I have finally overcome my laziness and decided to write this.
Here is the list of apps on my android phone. Most of them are my favorite Android apps, which I use on regular basis (unless mentioned otherwise) Most of the applications are free (as in free beer, not necessarily free as in freedom) However, I have bought a few paid applications as well.
- AK Notepad - Notes list
- Astrid Tasks - Task List
- Color Note - Combination of AK Notepad + Astrid. But I use all these 3 apps.
- KeePassDroid - Useful for storing all your passwords. (Then put KeePassDroid inside DropBox so that it gets synched across all your computers).
- Google Voice - For Free texting
- Advanced Task Killer (ATK) - Kills processes running in the background. Helps save battery.
- Corporate Directory - Synchs with your company\'s exchange server.
- Dropbox - Synchs files across various computers + Android. Works with Linux, MicroSoft, Mac OS etc.
- PDANet - For tethering phone, never really used it.
- Voice Recorder - Leave yourself a quick voicemail. Useful when spouse tells you to fetch stuff from store.
- Where's My Droid - Just in case of emergency. I got the donation version.
- Google Finance
- Stock Quote
- Yahoo Finance
- Facebook - I use it almost daily.
- EcoBirthday - Synchs friends birthday with Google Calendar
- Twitter - I do not use this much
- Yelp - To find nearest good restaurant
- ShopSavvy - Scan a barcode on any product and compare prices
- Key Ring
- Pandora - internet radio without commercials
- Battery Widget - tells you how much juice is left in the battery
- Gesture Search
- 10001 Cocktails
- Google Books
- Droid Coupons
- Houston Traffic
- Karl's Mortgage - mortgage calculator and amortization schedule
- Shazam - finds a song based on a tune or a short clip of song.
- Zillow - real estate application
- Funny Jokes
- BBC News
- Google News and Weather
- NewsPro (Thompson Reuters)
- Torect Lite
- Unblock Me
- Traffic Jam