(replace with: Allah, Bahá’í, Buddha, Hashem, Jehovah, etc. where appropriate)
- for politicians, lawyers and tv evangelists because it gives me something to laugh at.
- for the significant other who hogs the covers every night, because he/she is not out with someone else.
- for the teenager who is not doing dishes but is watching tv, because that means he/she is at home and not on the streets.
- for the taxes that I pay, because it means that I am employed.
- for the mess to clean after a party, because it means that I have been surrounded by friends.
- for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.
- for my shadow that watches me work, because it means I am out in the sunshine.
- for a lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning, and gutters that need fixing, because it means I have a home.
- for all the complaining I hear about (legal abortions, the loss of the environment, the inefficient government, greedy corporations, etc.) because it means that we have freedom of speech.
- for the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.
- for my huge heating or cooling bill, because it means I am comfortable.
- for the ugly fat lady behind me in church that sings way off key, because it means that I can hear and see.
- for the huge pile of dirty laundry, because it means I have clothes to spare.
- for weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.
- for the alarm that goes of in the early morning hours, because it means that I am alive.
- and finally.......for too much eMail (F.Y.I. this was sent to me, I thought it had some merit so I put it on my site) , because it means I have friends, family and spammers who are thinking of me.