Recently, I could not boot into my laptop because the laptop ran out of space. No attempt to resize sda was successful. Since the disk was encrypted, I could not even access my data files.
I had to wipe out my current installation of Ubuntu 18.10 and install Ubuntu 20.04
Here are the steps I had to take to get the laptop ready.
0. Create Ubuntu iso image CD and install Ubuntu 20.04 onto laptop.
2. Customize Firefox browser
4. Install KeePassXC
5. a) Create SSH key, b) add SSH key to the SSH agent and then c) SSH Private key to ssh-agent to our default path
$ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096 -C "email"
$eval "$(ssh-agent -s)"
6. Now copy the SSH key to your respective servers using followiing command
$ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub YOUR_USER_NAME@IP_ADDRESS_OF_THE_SERVER
More information to add SSH public key to server is provided here.
9. Upgrade npm to latest version
$sudo npm install npm@latest -g
11. Use rbenv to switch between ruby versions.
$rbenv install -l
$rbenv install <version>